School Environment and Respiratory Health of Children (SEaRCH). International research project report within the “Indoor air quality in European schools: Preventing and reducing respiratory diseases program”
«The major objectives of the SEARCH project are the followings:
- to assess the relationship between the school environment and the children’s health
- to make recommendations for improving the quality of school environ- ment at the 5th European Environment and Health Ministerial Conference in Italy, in 2010.
- to transfer awareness raising initiatives for the prevention of respiratory diseases, particularly among children, that have already been successful in Italy and Hungary.
There are three parts of the study:
- Exposure assessment in schools: a.) measurement of the indoor air quality in the school b.) assessment of the school building and maintenance c.) assessment of the home environment
- Assessment of the children’s health status a.) symptom questionnaire b.) measurements of lung function
- Finding association between school environment and children’ s health based on the analysed data of the project»
Date: February 2010
Author: Project search partners
Geographical area: Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Hungary, Italy, Serbia and Slovakia
Type of publication : Report
Language : EN